Arc news: December 2014
Touching Moments - Arc's new youth engagement programme funded by British Transport Police
As part of BTP’s Project Guardian, Arc has devised a new schools programme using live theatre to raise awareness of sexual offences on the London public transport system. Recent statistics show that:
- One in 10 passengers have experienced unwanted sexual behaviour on public transport
- Over one in four teenagers have experienced an unwanted sexual encounter
- 95% of victims do not report their experience to Police.
- Increase the confidence of reporting sexual offences which occur on London transport
- Reduce the risk of becoming a victim
- Challenge unwelcome sexual behaviour
- Target offenders.
Arc’s Touching Moments interactive programme uses live theatre to tackle the issues in a safe and inclusive environment. Schools are offered one day of up to three, one-hour sessions, for up to 120 students per session.
Arc is touring selected secondary schools throughout London, FREE OF CHARGE, from January until July 2015. Places on this tour are strictly limited, and will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. To find out if your school is being offered Touching Moments, please contact Theresa Snooks at Arc on 020 8595 8509.
Download Touching Moments flyer (PDF, 158k)